Our client, a digital commerce agency specialized in large scale digital implementations, needed to update the knowledge and technical skills of their IT staff in technologies in which they had to provide support. We proposed a scheme where a 3XM Group team of software and DevOps engineers, mentored their staff throughout the lifecycle of incident support.
The implemented solution was based on the fluent interaction between us and the client.
We implemented a collaborative virtual classroom, very useful to make documentation and information available in different formats (videos, presentations, documents, and more), schedule meetings, and carry them out virtually via video conferencing tools.
We devised a daily follow-up of the client’s concerns and queries. In addition to the official documentation for each tool, custom documents were generated, including the client’s infrastructure and environment:
- Step-by-step instructions were created for implementations (laboratories)
- Challenges documents (for problem- solving)
- Tutorial documents
The solution provided covered the needs and expectations of the client, in such an efficient way that:
- The 3XM Group specialists shared experiences learned from practice or theory and through the observation of success cases. Likewise, they provided criteria that will accompany the decision making, which could save time and get faster results.
- The technical aspect of the client’s IT staff was strengthened, consolidating knowledge and best practices in technologies that they had not previously ventured into.
- The daily monitoring of the queries allowed the follow up of the problem-solving process.
- The documents provided served as a guide for technology implementation and problem-solving through a detailed process.
- During the videoconference meetings, topics of interest to the client were addressed and, sometimes, it helped to solve problems right away.
- The successful resolution of the client’s problems –in a context where they were contained and supervised by 3XM specialists– added enormous motivation to the client.
- The client’s IT staff received specialized advice on implementations and changes in infrastructure.
- The advice provided and the transmission of experiences helped the client to consider and weigh the possible consequences of decisions and actions to avoid unwanted results that may occur.
- 3XM Group provided motivation to the client, support to begin using new technologies, and help to get out of their comfort zone and take risks when appropriate.
- Also, supplementary material and different recommendations were provided, identifying resources that helped with personal development and professional growth (including recommendations of books, workshops, and other learning tools).
The technologies with which they interacted during the mentoring process were:
- Google Classroom
- Security Groups